For the cake -
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup heaped powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk (can add more if required to attain cake batter consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Few drops lemon yellow color (optional)
- Cake tin greased (6.5” round)
For the frosting -
- 1/2 cup cream cheese/ mascarpone cheese (room temperature and whisked to make smooth)
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (whip until soft peaks)
For soaking the sponge -
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp Seven Blendz Coffee
-Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a bowl.
-Add powdered sugar to it.
-Add all the wet ingredients one by one and keep mixing gently until add ingredients mix together and there are no lumps to the batter.
-If you feel the batter is too thick add milk (start with 1 tbsp)
-Pour the batter in a greased baking tin and bake at 180°c in a pre-heated oven for about 25-30mins.
For Tirasimu -
-For mini cakes cut a round cookie size sponge with a cookie cutter. Slice each round sponge into two halves.
-Hold cream cheese (beat a bit to soften) into whipped cream and castor sugar.
-Add coffee in hot water and let it stay for some time.
-Soak the first layer of each mini cake in coffee and top it with cream cheese filling and repeat layers.
-Dust cocoa powder on the top and refrigerate it for 4-5 hours or overnight.